The Colorado River forms the western boundary of Mohave County and plays a central role in the county's recreational activities. An estimated 1,000 miles of fresh water shoreline lie beside Mohave County along the Colorado River. This water is made up by Lake Havasu, Lake Mohave and Lake Mead. The rivers and lakes offer bass, catfish and trout fishing along with boating and all other forms of water recreation. Nearby Hoover Dam and Davis Dam offer visitors tours.
If you're going, here are some suggested things to do and see:
- Camp Davis: Operated by the Mohave County Parks Department, Davis Camp has a wide variety of visitors and uses which range from jet ski rentals, fishing, camping and full time RV enthusiasts. Day use is permitted at the picnic areas, swim beaches and at the boat launch.
- Casino Drive: Laughlin is like old Las Vegas, but on the Colorado River! Take the scenic Riverwalk and visit Laughlin’s 10 hotel/casinos full of entertainment and gambling.
- Christmas Tree Pass & Grapevine Canyon: Part of Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Christmas Tree Pass is seven miles west of Laughlin on State Route 163, (Nevada side of AZ Hwy 68). A two mile long graded, dirt road leads you through a canyon full of wildlife, petroglyphs and a small desert spring which flows almost year round.
- Lake Mohave: Cottonwood Cove and Katherine’s Landing are two shorelines are popular summer sites for camping, swimming, fishing and kayaking. They are part of the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
- Watercraft Opportunities: Experience an incredible sightseeing journey down the rugged Colorado River with London Bridge Jet Boat Tours. Or take a self-guided tour on a personal water craft or a relaxing cruise from Watercraft Adventures on the USS Riverside, offering daily narrated excursions which detail the many features of the region.